Kids’ Vision is about girls & women in Silicon Valley
- Getting girls interested in STEM
- Women leaders mentoring girls to lead
- Inspire girls to participate in the high tech careers of the future
- Improve gender equity at the workplace
— President Barack Obama
Kids’ Vision Mission: Empowering elementary school girls to embrace an interest in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) related pursuits via a engaging extracurricular program designed to expose girls to how STEM is applied in the real world. Kids’ Vision’s proven after-school program is able to extend girls relationship to the study of STEM beyond the classroom walls and into the world of high technology companies. Mentors role model the vast number of careers available to girls with an interest in STEM and lead hands on exercises that bring the use of STEM in the real world to life for young girls.
- Studies show that in order for a child to envision herself in a job she needs to see other females in that role.
-Lance Rougeux, Director of the Discovery Educator
Kids’-Vision seeks to bridge this divide for girls by exposing them to women in STEM related careers at companies and businesses in the Bay Area.